About Scherzer International
Scherzer International (SI) has been providing specialized background reports since 1993. Our global clients include commercial and investment banks, asset-based and other lenders, private equity funds, and many of the largest law and public accounting firms in the world. With a distinct portfolio of scalable purpose-specific reports for business transaction due diligence, client acceptance or continuation, employment and regulatory compliance, SI’s expertise has proven essential for compelling decisions, and sustainable risk management.
The Scherzer Difference
As our clients’ industries continue on a path of unprecedented regulatory changes, SI is positioned accordingly, providing comprehensive background reports to minimize reputational and financial risks or to add assurance in moving forward with opportunities and engagements. Our services’ fundamental objective is not to disseminate public records or funnel raw data but to research and analyze information collectively, which ultimately produces compelling intelligence for time-critical business decisions. Along with our commitment to deliver an overall outstanding client experience, the key points of the SI Difference include:
- prepared exclusively for the unique purpose of each client;
- written in an easy-to-read format, with comprehensive executive summaries;
- actionable analysis and narrative summaries of noteworthy/negative information;
- compliant with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations.
- financing and lending, including asset-based, ranging from initial borrower and guarantor evaluations, to workouts and legal actions;
- investment-related, including hedge funds, private equity, venture capital, and angel funding;
- public accounting firm SEC engagements, audits, tax, and other client acceptance and continuation;
- employment-related, including hiring, promotions, and reassignments, from administrative to partner level (specializing in law firm requirements);
- board of directors, audit committee and other leadership appointments;
- corporate governance;
- mergers & acquisitions; partnership, joint venture and strategic alliance formations, and non-profit considerations;
- Federal Corrupt Practices Act compliance (first and second tier due diligence).
- in client industry requirements, including national and international employment, compliance and business transaction best practices, laws and regulations;
- in summarizing litigation, media articles, regulatory actions and other complex information;
- in analyzing liability implications of wide-ranging information;
- in analyzing and reconciling client-provided data, including financial statements, complex tax returns, various real estate valuation tables and formulas, and other transaction-specific documents;
- in research and translation of foreign language information.
- established network of vetted national vendors who conduct manual record searches;
- established network of vetted international vendors, versed in the particular country’s laws, regulations and research customs;
- multiple proprietary databases;
- oversight by a vendor relations manager whose function is to audit and evaluate vendors and databases, and to develop new resources on the basis of their uniqueness and value.
- manual and/or database record search methods specific to a particular jurisdiction to ensure the most comprehensive, accurate and up-to-date results;
- dedicated research analyst who works on the project/assignment from start to finish (not an assembly-line process);
- proprietary research methodologies to eliminate name-match only results and irrelevant information;
- up to three quality control reviews by a specialized staff for report accuracy, adherence to applicable laws and
- regulations and meeting of client objectives.
- single point of contact;
- immediate alerts when negative or noteworthy information is located;
- individualized daily updates on the report and its progress;
- value-added elements to provide further assurance of thorough due diligence;
- alerts, updates and consultative sessions on topics such as due diligence trends and industry comparisons, and impact of changes in laws and regulations;
- on-going communication to ensure satisfaction and value of services;
- continuous investment in human resources, technology, security and innovation;
- hands-on involvement by all six company executives, including SI founder and CEO, Larry Scherzer, bringing together top-level experience from public accounting, banking, due diligence, insurance, technology and human resource sectors.